Automated dispensing machines
hold IT™ – Self-Service Reservations Kiosk
The holdIT™ automated self-service holds kiosk facilitates extended library hours by providing a self-service holds pick-up point that can be positioned in either internal or external environments.
The holdIT™ automated self-service holds kiosk allows library staff to remotely load lockers with hold’s items with our loaning application. Just scan the item in the application. holdIT™ allocates a locker and prints a receipt with a barcode — the receipt will indicate the items and locker number. Once a bin is full of items ready to be loaded into the holdIT, the staff member has to just scan the barcode on the receipt that is attached to the reserved item and it will automatically unlock the correct locker, place the item in and close the door.
The user will simply scan their user card and the screen will display the items, the user accepts and the locker is opened and the items are checked out.
If the holdIT™ is used for checking out other items, the software is like a self-check system. The user would select the item they wish to borrow and the system will check out the item and unlock the door. The solution can also be supplied with our own database or connect to a third party database
holdIT™ comes in a wide range of colors. Use our NEW online color selector to see what yours could look like.Color Selector
- Safe and secure storage
- Adequate Locker space for varying sizes of holds
- Real time connection to ILS
- Barcode, Mifare, Biometrics, RFID for patron ID
- Smart phone ID reader functionality
- Color options – any RAL colour available
- LED backlighting color options
- Connection to ILS via SIP2
- Meets all required Safety Standards and is fully CE,Certified.
- 15 locker standard modules
- 10 locker – with screen modules
- 9 locker – with returns bin modules
- Modular design allowing for additional bays at later dates
- Up to 102 lockers per screen module
- Easy staff loading
- Remote access and reporting system
Dimensions & Materials
lendIT™ Self Service Lending Machine
lendIT™ is the latest product from D-Tech which dispenses items to library patrons anywhere in your service area. This could be in your local hospital, train or bus stations, government office buildings, community centres, malls and shopping centres; locations are only limited by your imagination!
lendIT™ can hold up to one thousand items consisting of books, CD’s and DVDs.
lendIT™ is available with a capacity of 200, 500 or 1000 items.
lendIT™ is ergonomic and environmentally friendly. Designed and manufactured with a low carbon footprint, the unit is also styled to meet ergonomic guidelines. Its modular design allows for easy add on options such as payments for usage and/or fines and fees. Special care has been taken to make lendIT™ easy for staff to load and retrieve items returned to the unit. Click here for case study
The solution has also been widely used in college and university locations to allow access to valuable resources for students 24/7. In one college the students now have access to all text books relating to the courses given, students can search via category, class or course.
Options are also available to allow patrons to join the library from the kiosk. One library has seen an increase of 7 new patrons per week joining via the LendIT kiosk.
- Material capacity 200 to 1000 items.
- Check-out and Check in as standard – Check In item are available for next patron.
- Reservations and customer pick-up
- First screen is branded and customized with key instructions for operation.
- Search options via category e.g. author, title, blue ray, DVD, etc.
- Library patron barcode card reader included for user account access.
- AD authentication if needed
- Compatible to Danish data model and ISO 28560-2 plus 3M data models and other RFID suppliers.
- System uses tag identifier in conjunction with live ILS connection.
- Items displayed with correlating image and details for easier selection
- 24/7 CCTV recording
- E-Mail receipts – plus e-mail fault reporting
- Internal or external options with cooling and heating
- External roof with lighting .