Automated dispensing machines
hold IT™ – Self-Service patron holds pick-up Kiosk
Made in America
Integrated outside canopy now available
Looking to extend your library service? HoldIT gives you the flexibility to allow access to patron holds 24/7, inside and outside the library.
The holdIT™ automated self-service holds kiosk facilitates extended library hours by providing a self-service holds pick-up point that can be positioned in either internal or external environments.
The holdIT™ automated self-service holds kiosk allows library staff to remotely load lockers with hold’s items with our loaning application. Just scan the item in the application. holdIT™ allocates a locker and prints a receipt with a barcode — the receipt will indicate the items and locker number. Once a bin is full of items ready to be loaded into the holdIT, the staff member has to just scan the barcode on the receipt that is attached to the reserved item and it will automatically unlock the correct locker, place the item in and close the door.
The user simply scans their user card and the screen will display the items with in the lockers, the lockers will open and the items are checked out.
If the holdIT™ is used for checking out other items, the software is like a self-check system. The user would select the item they wish to borrow and the system will check out the item and unlock the door. The solution can also be supplied with our own database or connect to a third party database
holdIT™ comes in a wide range of colors. Use our NEW online color selector to see what yours could look like.
- Safe and secure storage
- Adequate Locker space for varying sizes of holds
- Different size lockers available
- Multi-locker assignment to one patron
- Real time connection to ILS
- Barcode, Mifare, Biometrics, RFID for patron ID
- Smart phone ID reader functionality
- Color options – any RAL colour available
- LED backlighting color options
- Connection to ILS via SIP2
- Meets all required Safety Standards and is fully CE,Certified.
- 15 locker standard modules
- 9 locker – with screen modules
- 8 locker – with returns bin modules
- Modular design allowing for additional bays at later dates
- Up to 200 lockers per screen module
- Easy staff loading
- Rated to IP54
Dimensions & Materials
Allow access to library materials 24/7 using D-Tech International’s state-of-the-art book vending kiosks
lendIT™ is a state-of-the-art library item vending kiosk which dispenses items to library patrons anywhere in your service area. This could be in your local hospital, train or bus stations, government office buildings, community centers, malls and shopping centers; locations are only limited by your imagination!
This proven technology can operate inside or outside and is the most reliable and secure solution on the market today, with an uptime of over 99.9%. lendIT™ is ergonomic and environmentally friendly. Designed and manufactured with a low carbon footprint, the unit is also styled to meet ergonomic and ADA guidelines. Its modular design allows for easy add-on options such as payments for usage and/or fines and fees, CCTV, glass doors and heating and cooling. Unlike other low-cost lending kiosks made from wooden structures and susceptible to vandalism, lendIT™ is manufacture with a steel structure, ideal for Universities, public libraries and public areas. Click here for case study
lendIT™ is available with a capacity of 200, 500 or 1000 items and can hold items consisting of books, CD’s and DVDs.
The solution has also been widely used in college and university locations to allow access to valuable resources for students 24/7. In one college the students now have access to all textbooks relating to the courses given, students can search via category, class or course.
Options are also available to allow patrons to join the library from the kiosk. One library has seen an increase of 7 new patrons per week joining via the LendIT kiosk. The kiosk can incorporate a library hotspot to allow access to the internet for library patrons.
- Material capacity 200 to 1000 items.
- Check-out and Check in as standard – Check In item are available for next patron.
- Reservations and customer pick-up
- First screen is branded and customized with key instructions for operation.
- Search options via category e.g. author, title, blue ray, DVD, etc.
- Library patron barcode card reader included for user account access.
- AD authentication if needed
- Compatible to Danish data model and ISO 28560-2 plus 3M data models and other RFID suppliers.
- System uses tag identifier in conjunction with live ILS connection.
- Items displayed with correlating image and details for easier selection
- 24/7 CCTV recording
- E-Mail receipts – plus e-mail fault reporting
- Internal or external options with cooling and heating
- External roof with lighting .