Welcome to the world-leading laptop self-service kiosk
Laptop / IPad self-service “free your space” and cut the cords
For public or academic libraries, the laptop self-service kiosk provides freedom to your students or freedom to your public library.
No more fixed PCs, cables, network point, power points, tables and chairs or even PC booking systems, One laptop self-service unit will do it all. There are up to 96 laptops per system giving total flexibility to your users and to your library. Secure 24/7 access is now available. Cut the cords and remove your fixed PCs and open your library to a more collaborative environment and flexibility.
Our range of laptop security cabinets allows laptops and iPads to be securely stored and at the same time provides easy access by users.
- D-Tech laptop self-check software
- Ready assembled and installed by D-Tech technicians
- Range of modules from 12 – 96 capacity in one Diplomat LMS unit
- Modules can be configured to customer requirements
- Mobile or static fixed
- Drawers will accommodate all brands of laptops
- Each drawer is fully serviced, charging and updating windows and anti-virus software
- Built-in surge protection
- Temperature-controlled drawers/cabinet
To access a laptop, all the user has to do is be a member of the library, scan their library card, and, if valid, will instruct the user to open a locker (AA03). The locker is still secure until the user is in front of the locker and they have placed their user card on the reader at the locker. The user is verified and the locker will then open. Returning is just as straight-forward with the system preventing reissue of an item before the unit is fully charged.
- Cabinets steel finished.
- Wide range of power coated colors
- Can be used for secure storage, return and issue of other items
The Diplomat™ can also be used as a BYOD system (bring your own device). This allows users to rent a locker to securely place their own laptop, phone or iPad and at the same time, charge the batteries.
The Diplomat™ is fully SIP2-compliant and uses the LMS for validation of users. The Diplomat™ is also fitted with its own database. If you do not have a Library management system (LMS), we can provide you with an internal database.