Automated dispensing machines
hold IT™ – Self-Service Reservations Kiosk
The holdIT™ automated self-service reservations kiosk facilitates extended library opening hours by providing a self service reservations collection point that can be positioned in either internal or external conditions.
The holdIT™ automated self-service reservations kiosk allows library staff to remotely load lockers with reservation items with our loaning application. Just scan the item in the application. holdIT™ allocates a locker and prints a receipt with a barcode – the receipt will indicate the items and locker number. Once a trolley is full of items ready to be loaded into the holdIT the staff member has to just scan the barcode on the receipt that is attached to the reserved item and it will automatically unlock the correct locker, place the item in and close the door.
The user will simply scan their user card and the screen will display the items, the user accepts and the locker is opened and the items are issued .
If the holdIT™ is used for issuing other items the software is like a self-check system. However the user would select the item they wish to borrow and the system would issue the item and unlock the door. The item would be issued via SIP2 in a library. However if not in a library we would supply our own database or connect to a third party database (third party database connections will be an extra cost).
holdIT™ comes in a wide range of colours. Use our NEW online colour selector to see what yours could look like.Colour Selector
- Safe and secure storage
- Adequate Locker space for varying sizes of reservation
- Real time connection to LMS
- Barcode, Mifare, Biometrics, RFID for user ID
- Smart phone ID reader functionality
- Myriad colour options – any RAL colour available
- LED backlighting colour options
- Connection to LMS via SIP2
- Meets all required Safety Standards and is fully CE, UL Certified.
- 15 locker standard modules
- 10 locker – with screen modules
- 9 locker – with returns bin modules
- Modular design allowing for additional bays at later dates
- Up to 102 lockers per screen module
- Easy staff loading
- Remote access and reporting system
Dimensions & Materials
lendIT™ Self Service Lending Machine
lendIT™ is the latest product from D-Tech which dispenses items to library patrons anywhere in your service area. This could be in your local hospital, train or bus stations, government office buildings, community centres, malls and shopping centres; locations are only limited by your imagination!
lendIT™ can hold up to one thousand items consisting of books, CD’s and DVDs.
lendIT™ is available in modules ranging from 200-400 and 1000 items.
lendIT™ is ergonomic and environmentally friendly. Designed and manufactured with a low carbon footprint, the unit is also styled to meet ergonomic guidelines. Its modular design allows for easy add on options such as payments for usage and/or fines and fees. Special care has been taken to make lendIT™ easy for staff to load and retrieve items returned to the unit.
- Material capacity 200 to 1000 items.
- Check-out and return options.
- Reservations and customer pick-up
- First screen is branded and customised with key instructions for operation.
- Search options via category e.g. author, title, blue ray, DVD, etc.
- Library patron barcode card reader included for user account access.
- Compatible to Danish data model and ISO 28560-2 plus 3M data models and other RFID suppliers.
- System uses tag identifier in conjunction with live ILS/LMS connection.
- Items displayed with correlating image and details for easier selection.